CATEGORIES

"CHILDHOOD MEMORIES" - Stories about my childhood in Slippery Rock (8)



"THE FLIG STORIES" - What happened to "The Flig" on his journey (11)



" A BOYHOOD AFIELD" - Short stories about learning to hunt and fish (15)



"WHAT'S GOLF GOT TO DO WITH IT?" - The game of golf's impact on my life (3)

Friday, February 19, 2010

THE SLIPPERY ROCK KID


In the 1950s and 60s I grew up in the small town of Slippery Rock (yes, there really is a Slippery Rock) in rural Western Pennsylvania.

This blog will present a collection of short stories that chronicle some of my childhood experiences in an era so different than the present.


2 comments:

  1. I'm also a ' Slippery Rock " KID ! LOL

    (last name = McBride , related to the knox's)

    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7tsc4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I graduated SRAHS in 1987. Thanks for the stroll even 20 years apart :)

    ReplyDelete